Whoa! Where did the time go? I missed my yearly 'Ode to #thinkndrink' anniversary blog post. Many apologies. Happy New Year!
So for those of you who have been dedicated #thinkndrinkers over the last three (yes! three!) years, thank you...and I miss you. Where the heck are you? Our little un-meetup seems to have gone through a bit of a lull as of late. It's ok, all awesome things need a break once in a while. With that said...break's over!
- happens every Friday around 5ish in Portland, Oregon
- location changes weekly and is shared (usually on Thursdays) only through Twitter - follow #thinkndrink
- sometimes two people show, sometimes 20 (once 60)
- there is no website or email address
- anyone is welcome, although most #thinkndrinkers tend to frequent the creative/digital/marketing scene
- we don't wear nametags
- you don't have to be a drinker (but we may heckle you)
- networking does occur (and many people have picked up work or acquired new jobs through folks they meet at #thinkndrink) but you won't hear me call it a networking event
- it started in Portland and, currently, doesn't exist anywhere else (although a little birdie told me there may be one ramping up in LA...watch Tweets from @SodaPopPR or follow #thinkndrinkLA for more on that)
- Here's to three years of thinking and drinking! Hope to see you one of these Fridays.